Lorena Johnson, CPA, MAFFPartner
A CJBS team member since 2009, Lorena currently serves as a partner. For more than 25 years, Lorena has provided accounting, tax and financial management services to closely held businesses. Her areas of expertise include strategic business consulting; financial statement audits; reviews and compilations; operational reviews; forensic examinations and individual tax planning.
A positive and passionate worker, Lorena believes in taking a hands-on approach with her clients. She enjoys working with a variety of clients in diverse industries and being a trusted advisor. Lorena attributes her career success to attitude, hard work and dedication.
Raised in Wheeling, Illinois, Lorena resides there today with her husband, Steve, and their puppy Lucy. In her free time, Lorena enjoys spending time with her two grown children, Samantha and Mitchell and volunteering in her community.
Favorite book: Harold and the Purple Crayon (Because we are all creators of our own story)
Favorite quote: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Gandhi
Secret talent: Lorena is an avid reader-she goes through approximately 4-5 books each month!
- DeVry University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Keller Graduate School of Management
- Master of Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Illinois
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- Audit and Assurance Committee (2010-present)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Leyden Family Services
- Board member
- Nicholas Gift of Hope
- Co-founder and board member