Individual Extension Payments for Illinois
Dear Clients and Friends,
We hope you are enjoying the beginning of spring. As we get closer to our individual tax deadline (4/18/23), we wanted to send a reminder about Illinois Extensions Payments.
Illinois does not allow third party tax software to process extension payments electronically. If you have a balance due with your extension we will send you a payment coupon to mail in with a check. However, in lieu of mailing in a payment by check you can pay online through the State of Illinois Website.
To process an extension payment through MyTaxIllinois please follow the following steps:
2. Scroll down to the Box titled Individual
- Select Make an IL-1040, IL-1040-ES, or IL-505-I Payment
- Complete the requested information: Name, Address, Phone and email address
- You will also need to Look up your IL-PIN number so you will need your driver’s licenses number)
3. Click Next
4. Payment Type
- For an extension payment you will select IL-505-I Payment and it will default to tax year 2022
5. Click Next
6. Enter Payment Information
- Bank Account Type
- Routing Number
- Account Number
- Confirm Account Number
- Payment Date: 4/18/2023
- Confirm Amount
7. Click Submit
The states that allow electronic filing of extensions are: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and New York City (UBT), North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia.
If you have a balance due in one of these states you can request CJBS to process your extension electronically and to withdraw the payment; please contact your preparer to provide the necessary information.
As always, we are here to assist you with any questions you may have as you are making your extension payments. Please email us or call the office, and we will be able to help!
Stay Safe & Healthy,
The CJBS Team